LEPacy Challenge Gen 7 - Big Changes

 LEPacy Challenge Gen 7 - Big Changes

Party Animal Cliff decided it was time to throw a house party and invited his friends, clients, and some of Linus' friends.



It seemed a little too crowded for Connor Frio. . . 


but Cliff found it to be a great opportunity to get to know Susan Wainwright a little better . . .


in the Biblical sense.


Cliff didn't know at the time that Susan was married.  Where's your husband, Susan?

Meanwhile, Linus was having a good time hanging out with VJ, the kid who came over when they first moved to town and didn't leave until morning.


The party was an epic success. After the party, Cliff started teaching Linus how to drive.


The following days were taken up with Linus going to school while Cliff continued to work as a fashion designer.  He made some interesting pictures, like the one on the wall here.


He worked on his charisma skills, giving some presentations on fashion, . . . 



met Susan's husband Boyd, . . .


tried to pick up other women, . . . and worked some more . . . (explaining about how good fashion sense draws people into your orbit, much like planets and their moons.)

One of his clients was Holly Alto, a young adult who just moved into her own starter home.  She was very pleased with Cliff's choices for her.


She had the house with the worst floorplan in town and a kitten without those things a kitten needs. I couldn't help it.  I switched households for a couple sim-days to sort out her living arrangements. (This derailed my game, but I'm going to roll with it. More to come on that.)

Holly's house didn't make sense: a tiny kitchen, a lot of wasted space, an enormous bedroom, weird stone fence partitions . . . I gutted the place and reworked it. Starting with windows that were larger and more interesting to bring in some light.


I swapped the living room and kitchen, moved the bathroom to the middle of the house, and shrunk the bedroom down.  I added more lighting and modernized the flooring and walls. Holly's favorite color is green, which explains the color scheme.




I gave her kitty (named Kitty) what she needed: food bowl, scratching post, and toys. Then I was too low on money to get a guitar for Holly who is in the music career and wanted to learn to play the guitar, so I stayed long enough for her to get the money together to purchase one. Her walls are bare, and she doesn't have any plants to soften things up, but I think this was a great improvement over what she had. I worked with the money she had - no cheats.

Now for how my game went off the rails: I thought Cliff would eventually ask Susan to leave Boyd and move in with him, but he took up with Claire Ursine according to messages I got while I was with Holly.  Also, he and Linus had a big blow-up and he kicked Linus out of the house while he was still a teen! 


It appears Cliff gave Linus some money to get set up, and Linus bought a starter home with two bedrooms and had around 5,000 simoleons in his budget and a part-time job at the bookstore.

But unless I use cheats, (and I'm not going to), gone are all the family heirlooms and pictures - including the time machine Linus' mother invented. It was getting pretty cumbersome hauling all that stuff from world to world anyway.  Maybe it's time for a fresh start. 

Linus was only a teen alone for a few days, then he had his young adult birthday. It went pretty well . . .


Linus invited his friends from high school and his father who, despite the blow up, still retained a reasonably good relationship with him.


However, as the party drew to a close, both Lisa Bunch and Cliff started to argue with Linus.


I'm guessing Lisa didn't like the food served at the party; I don't know what Cliff's beef was about, and apparently, neither does Linus. 


Since Linus lives across the street from the Alvi household, and his buddy VJ aged up to young adult and was looking to escape his father's house, Linus invited him to move in to the spare bedroom.



I thought this could prove interesting, but I got a notice that Lisa Bunch and VJ are now engaged, so I'm not sure what to do with them. Will VJ move out and in with Lisa, or will Lisa move in here? Should I switch households again and give them a wedding or let things play out? Should VJ leave and Linus ask Ethan Bunch to be his roommate? (Ethan is so proud of actually graduating from high school, he hasn't changed out of his robes!)


 I think I need a spinner to help me decide.

Linus it trying to woo Holly Alto, who lives a couple houses down, but she's seldom available. I'd like to find Linus a mate soon and start generation 8, but should I go to Lunar Lakes to find a mate or keep pursuing Holly? Linus is supposed to be an astronomer and space explorer, but I don't have Into the Future installed yet, so I thought I'd have him pursue the Astronaut career through the military, do a lot of science and telescope related discoveries, and travel to Lunar Lakes a few times. 

He is to find a mate, have two kids, and he and his wife should ignore them and not teach them anything (deadbeat parents). These children and the spouse should all take jobs along the same career path (science, inventing, or space exploration) and I will add the ITF pack for the next generation. The heir of the next generation may be the "black sheep" and pursue their own path at the young adult point, depending on what they roll for their life path. 

In other news about town, despite the Beau Andrews issue from last installment, Buster and Bessie Clavell's marriage seems to be in tact and going strong.  They were spotted publicly displaying their affection, as were the Landgraabs.


That's the most casual outfit I've ever seen Nancy in.  She must be "slummin." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows