New Game: Toledo County Part 1

 I'm taking a little break from my LEPacy challenge. I'm missing playing a few of my older games like Trump in Greenland and Renovating Roseward, but also because I became intrigued with a new challenge called the Northern Wind Challenge, where your sim creates a legacy, but they are under a curse and are forced to move to a new world and never return to any worlds they have left. When they move is based off the roll of a 20 sided die. After the first week in a new place, every midnight you roll, and if you get a 20, the sim has 24 hours to uproot, take a limited number of items in their backpacks, leave loved ones behind, and go to a new land where they start the process over.

In Monte Vista during the LEPacy challenge, I came across an intriguing guy named Orlando Toledo. 


I assumed the Toledo family was a townie family in Monte Vista, but when I went to look him up, there were no Toledos, so I guess he was computer-generated. At any rate, I thought he'd be the perfect founder for the Northern Wind Challenge. I wanted to put him and some of the houses I recently built on my computer that isn't hooked up to the internet, so I thought I'd use Storybrook County Lite to make a little starter town and move the save over.  Unfortunately, I forgot I had acquired Showtime and Into the Future since I had my old computer, and I don't have the disks to transfer them to the old computer. I should have unclicked those when I was making the world, because the old computer says I can't play that world because of those things. 

I guess I'll have to start over with that, but I'm liking the world I created, so I think I'll play it and maybe do a rotation, writing a story about the town and creating backstories of the people the Story Progression creates to move in. 

Here's the story of the town.

Long, long ago, an intrepid adventure seeker named Ignatius Toledo left his Italian town of Monte Vista to seek his fortune. He found a place in the New World with temperate climate (semi-tropical) that was rather isolated.  Here he established his own mini-empire and called it Toledo. The town never became the big metropolitan trading hub he dreamed it would be, and several generations later, the family fell on hard times. Finally, Lester Toledo, the great-great-great grandson who had no children of his own, bequeathed what was left of his fortune to his great-nephew Orlando. This amounted to a small, empty lot where the first home once stood. 

What Orlando wasn't told was this land came with a curse: Ignatius got together with a mystic medicine man to insure that the heir keep the land and never sell it - he didn't want the family to lose their grip on the town. If an heir did sell the land, he and his progeny would be forced to constantly be on the move from one place to another for 10 generations. They would be warned 24 hours before the move occurred and they woke up to find themselves in new and unfamiliar surroundings. Only the heir, living past heirs, future heir, and one pet would be taken, and all other loved ones would be left behind forever. 

That's the Northern Wind version.  This version is basically about the town Orlando moves to. He came with a lot of money and has purchase an additional lot with a home on it, but has not yet sold the plot of land that is cursed. 

This is Orlando in his recently purchase home. He took a job as an architectural designer, but his dream is to become a professional athlete. (This town does not have a stadium as of yet.) Orlando loves the outdoors, is a perfectionist, disciplined, family oriented, and athletic. 

His first order of business was to get to know people around town. (This was an empty world, so the population was low, but building.) 


Many of the inhabitants have a flair for headgear, like this client who sports a beekeeper hat . . .

. . . and this woman he spotted at the festival, who in addition to wearing a witch hat, chose a rather questionable ensemble. 

Orlando visited various venues to get the feel for the town.




He dabbled a bit with alchemy and collected various ingredients.

He met the university mascot, Joann Box, and they got along well. He also met a few clients from jobs he did on their houses, and some clerks. Early on, he decided to throw a party to get to know these acquaintances better.

Here (above) he is talking to Valerie Collins, a potential mate. They seem rather compatible, but apparently Orlando doesn't find her the least bit attractive.

The woman he is speaking to above is Joann Box, the university mascot. I think she looks a lot like Maryann from Gilligan's Island. They get along well because they both like sports and athletics. All in all, the party was well attended, though I had my doubts because several of these types tend to be chained to their cash registers. 

Orlando's new house has three bedrooms, so he felt it was a good idea to take in a couple roommates to share expenses and give him more connections in town. The next day, Andres Farris and Ellis Lockwood showed up.

Andres Farris works in the education field, at least for the moment.  He doesn't have a lifetime wish, but he is a workaholic, handy, neat, friendly, and a mooch.  Andres is a native to Toledo, and this is his first time living outside of his parents' house. His father took a job in Bridgeport, but Andres didn't want to live in a big city, so moved in with Orlando after his parents sold their house and moved.



Ellis Lockwood works in the journalism career and is just starting out. Like Orlando, he loves the outdoors and is athletic. He is also a savvy sculptor, natural cook, and nurturing. Like Andres, he has no lifetime wish.  Ellis had a rocky start at University, where he was studying the fine arts. His father felt it best if he took a "gap year" and worked in the family business - starting at the bottom.  Upon returning to Toledo, Ellis decided that rather than move back in with his parents, he wanted to find his own housing arrangement with people his own age - much like he had at college. This is why he answered Orlando's ad. 

Next we'll get to know some of the other households around town.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows