LEPacy Challenge: The Rise of the Third Generation

 LEPacy Challenge: The Rise of the Third Generation

Stanley had his young adult birthday today, and again, he got the most unflattering hair! Apparently he got male-pattern baldness at a young age. (But I fixed this.) 


I've been trying to help him drop a few pounds too, but so far to no avail. He's grumpy most of the time, but nevertheless, I've decided that he will be the next heir. His traits so far: Grumpy, Good, Dog Person, Loves the Outdoors. It seems like there should be another one, but I forget it.

I rethought the idea of Late Night being the next pack.  I was going to go with it because his "live-in helper" would be working in the film industry.  I have decided that the helper can take whatever job they wish, and I will make University my next pack because if fits better with Stanley being an Art Appraiser (Acquisitions), which requires a 10 level Rebel status, I think.  Also, the spouse will be a dumpster diver, so it would make sense for him to go off to college and fall in love with a little rebel girl. Also, Stanley is supposed to become a "professional student," earning several degrees. I think I will try to get Stanley and wife the fertility treatment because they need 5 children in the household. Stanley's good, so it makes sense that he can adopt a few as well. If they can have twins or triplets, I would only have to go through the pain and itching of raising babies once. The adoptees can be children. 

Adoption also occurred in Cordell and Shauna's generation because Shauna had two biological children and raised them and a bunch of animals, but was basically stuck at the home lot taking care of everything through her best years.  Once Sonja, the second born was a child, Cordell and Shauna adopted another little girl, Sarah. 


Sonja had her teen birthday the same day as Stanley had his young adult birthday, and she turned out better looking than her brother but . . .


She aged up in her underpants, right in front of everybody!  Her new trait was "never nude" but technically she isn't, I guess. She was born with the grumpy trait, but that disappeared and so she's short one.  As a teen she is excitable, a coward, and never nude. 

The house got a new addition as the family grew . . .


Shauna beat up another burglar.


This is her favorite critter-wranglin' area.


She got her pet store, but there are several work-arounds I had to do to make it happen.  First she had to buy a residential lot and build the shop.  Even though she owned the cages she put in there, she could not stock them with the animals she wrangled.  Instead, I had to sell those animals and "stock" the cages with the most similar animal offered. Then when I turned the lot commercial, the game automatically sold it again (thankfully giving the family back the money they spent on it). I'm using Savvy Seller which might be cheating a little, but it's store content, and the rules said store content could be used with any EP.  Here's Shauna's Small Pet Emporium.



I know it looks similar to the pet store offered as bonus content, but I thought building one might make it so the sims could own it. At any rate, Shauna can tend the register and the register keeps track of the daily sales, which I add to the family funds using a cheat.  She did hire someone to tend the register, so I'm hoping she can just check in and see how things are going and collect the money at the end of the day - but she will need to go there at the end of the day in order to know how much was made.  She may even need to be on premises in order for sales to happen.  Still working on this.

As for Cordell, he has successfully mastered athletics and is a level 9 in his career.  He has a few more days before he becomes an elder. He has also mastered both guitar and painting, which was his lifetime wish. Once he reaches level 10 of his career, I'll let him retire and become a busker, as playing guitar for others is his prime passion. 


Cordell with baby Sonja.  I haven't thought to get a screenshot of Sarah yet - she arrived just a few sim-days ago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows