Be Happy World #1

 Be Happy World update:

Tommie and Kerry Furst have had a child and named him Damion. Since I'm not a big fan of babies and toddlers, I thought it a good time to check in on the neighbors. 

Shannon Olivares lives in a cottage I made and sparsely furnished.  He was working as a cashier in the mall and was never home for the Furst family to visit. Once I took over his household, he came home with the desire to be a home designer.  I bought him a drafting table and added more furniture to make his place more homey.  His favorite color is black, so I redecorated to give him the kind of place he would appreciate. He had two job assignments.  One was to change the outside of Quinn Whiting's house by replacing windows and doors.  This was kind of frustrating because I built Quinn's house - a Mediterranean style house - with a certain aesthetic in mind and modelled it after a real house that is near where I live.  Part of the attraction was the windows.  But I think I managed alright without too much damage.  I also fixed a few interior walls that I overlooked when originally building the house.


 This is Shannon Olivares' house. I changed the front windows but haven't taken a picture of it.  Quinn Whiting's house is below before and after I had to change the doors and windows. I still like the original better.



Shannon's other job was to build Tommie Furst an artist studio.  He already had one, so I just expanded it.  The game glitched at that point as it wouldn't let Shannon turn in the assignment, so I figured it was time to check on someone else.  I next went to Santiago Mayer's household. He lived alone with his little dog Snaggles, who happened to be "married" to Tommie Furst's dog. My town is short on women for some reason.  Most women are paparazzi or store clerks.  There is only one official female resident - Kerry Furst, who originally was the school mascot. 

I discovered, thanks to story progression, that Santiago had made a long-distant friend named Kami Berger (The name sounds familiar, so I think she was originally a paparazzi in this game, but somehow "moved" to another town.) He invited her to visit, then to move in.  She became a private eye but had aspirations to be a professional mixologist.  One thing led to another and she and Santiago are now married with a baby girl named Holly. Thanks to Snaggles and his finding two tiberium gems, Santiago is a wealthy man.  He's an alchemist, like Tommie, but it's more of a side gig. Santiago owns half the venues of the town - which isn't saying much as there are strict rules for building in this challenge.  He owns the elixir shop and Phil's Dance-o-Rama and Bowling (which is a dance club on the lower level and a bowling alley upstairs). Other community lots include the strip mall with a bookstore, consignment store, and coffee shop, a police station, Paparazzi Park, and thanks to Santiago's happiness points, a Renaissance Festival park. (It's not a seasonal festival ground, but has bow shooting, food booths, and similar festival booths, along with a stage.)

Below is Santiago's house. It has been remodeled since this picture. The upper level has been expanded on both sides so there is only a balcony in the center part and more room upstairs. The roof of the main house has been changed to look a little more appealing as well.  Santiago uses the detached studio for his alchemy station, an office space and place for Snaggles' food dish and toys.


Here is the Furst family's house. A detached studio has been added to the back of the property and flowers have been added along the front of the house.  This one features a basement with two bedrooms.


The only other official resident is Irvin Silverman, who lives on the other side of the Furst house in a tiny house.  Irvin and Kerry Furst are having an affair - which became obvious to everyone in town when Santiago discovered them woohooing in HIS bed when he invited everyone over for a party. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!? 


Irvin's house.  You can see Tommie's studio in the background. 




Now that Santiago is happily married and has a baby girl, I'll check in on Quinn Whiting, then that scoundrel Irvin.  We'll see if Tommie and Kerry's marriage can withstand the affair. I was also able to place another house, but no one has moved in yet.  I'm excited to see who does move in.

The new house. This picture was taken in a more populated world, which is why you can see buildings in the background.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows