Life in Pleasantville Part 2

 We're back in Pleasantville. 


This town is full of animosity. The only couple that seems to get along is Austin and Kathy Butler. It seems every time I switch to a different household, I'm greeted with one sim slapping another. 

I was shocked to see how much the Benoit's dislike each other. 





I didn't think it was right to leave them fighting with each other like this in front of their daughter Danica, so I moved Lawrence out to the starter home. He seemed content enough, going right to the kitchen to fix himself some dinner, but no sooner had I switched back to the Butler house, than I get this message. 


The dude went back to his wife! Both of them are evil, and enjoy seeing others suffer, so I guess what better way to see someone suffer than make them miserable by your mere presence? What a weird couple. To make matters more complicated, Catrina had just given birth to baby Kelvin, who is very high maintenance. He sleeps in the same room as poor Danica and she can't get any sleep! 






Then this happened. . . . 




Catrina's more concerned with her broken television than her husband's abduction. 



Poor Lawrence! A few days later he gave birth to an alien baby girl with a complicated name I intend to change. Luckily, I discovered that the upper half of the house where the big windows are can be accessed by a ladder, so Danica got her own room and the babies have the downstairs room. 

This happened just in time for her to become a teenager. 


She gets the "unfinished room" moodlet, but I really don't think she minds. IRL when I was a teen, I made my room in an unfinished basement and didn't mind because I had my own space. 


Now if they can just improve their cooking and pay attention when they are making meals. . . . 


The green house with the unfixable "skylight" is now inhabited by Corinna Hebert, a brooding, ambitious, proper diva who likes to mooch from others, and her toddler Ellis who is a loner and light sleeper. 


I've tried several things to try and fix the "skylight": I've move the shower out and tried placing a pillar so I could put a floor piece.


I've removed and reapplied the roof, pulled the wall out, which creates a space in the new section that can be covered with flooring, and still leaves the original section unable to be covered. I tried placing a ladder, but for some reason the ladder wouldn't fit there, so placing and removing a ladder didn't work.  Enjoy your bathroom skylight, Corinna. 


I had to move the Butler's to a bigger house because they were going to have a baby too. Again I did a color challenge for the house. 

Chrome Green - 2E3A23
Pearl Black Berry - 6C6874
Claret Violet - 641C34
Signal Red - A52019




I kind of cheated and brightened a few of the colors because all of them were pretty dark. 







This is baby Michaela, who is a genius and friendly. 





As promised, here's the starter home I neglected to take pictures of last episode. 



Lawrence was in such a hurry to go back to his abusive wife, that he left his mac and cheese burning on the stove. 





I left this room empty because I ran out of money. 


This cool wallpaper is surprisingly cheap. 


Basic bathroom. 


Bare-bones office space. 

Here are the community lots I have completed. 

The "fishing cabin" at the fishing hole at he top to the hill and the nearby campground. 


This world is tricky because the lots are tiny and Boring Bones make a lot of the terrain unrouteable, so placing larger lots isn't possible. I just have to work with what he provided. 





The view from the upper floor.


The lower floor has some seating around a fireplace, a bookshelf, and a tiny convenience store for purchasing items campers might have forgotten to pack (bug spray, shower-in-a-can, soap and paper towels, etc). There is also a vending machine out on the deck. 


Note the plaque on the outside. Many of the buildings have these. They are in Portuguese but I ran them through a translator to get the general idea of what they say. The translation I got for this one is 
"The letters accurately reveal the deadline for the revelation. Be careful not to reveal the secret you are about to [discover]."

 

The upper floor just has the couch and a vending machine. due to the sloped roof. 

This world was missing a cemetery. The lots were so small, I couldn't fit a mausoleum rabbithole on the empty lot I chose for the cemetery, so I had to build one and use a rabbithole rug. There's no room for headstones, but I put some shelves and pedestals for urns should the need arise.  




Another thing that was missing was a criminal lair. I decided to make the bar a front for criminal activity. The top floor has the private room with the criminal rabbithole rug (no room to embellish it.) 


The problem with rabbithole rugs, is they always show through the floors beneath them when placed on an upper floor. 





The business building sits next to the bar, but since the town didn't have a gym, and several of the townsfolk wanted to improve their athletic skills, I changed the lot to a gym, put the business rabbithole in the one-level section, and as an afterthought after taking these screenshots, a stadium rabbithole in front of the front desk of the two-level gym. 


The dark circles are the outlines of the overhead lights I chose to use. 



The Blackmon boys, like Danica Benoit, have aged up to teens. Alex, the one who idolizes his mother's boyfriend Garrett Dean, is glad to see the gym arrive to town. 


As I suspected, Billy Blackmon does not like Garrett nearly as much as Alex does. They both seem to get along alright with their mother, even though she can be somewhat cringy at times. 


The boys also have a baby sister now. Her name is Shanta. She's a loner and heavy sleeper. I had to remodel the upper floor, reducing the common area and making a small nursery for Shanta. 

When I first switched over to this household, Corinna Hebert was visiting. She was slapping Garrett silly. He must have made an indecent proposal. She and little Ellis were hanging out here so much, I had to check an make sure they hadn't moved in. 


I'll have to switch over to her to see what her relationships are like with each family member. She seems overly fond of one of the teenage boys, to the point of creepiness. She hasn't flirted with him, and I don't have the settings set to allow romance between adults and teens, but she seems to be biding her time waiting for the boy to age up. 

There is also a tiny park where the weather stone spawned. I just added a few items for sims to do when they visited. 



Here's one last venue that I have developed so far - the grocery store. 



Like everything else, it's small, but it gets the job done. 

I was curious about all the plaques in town, so I sent the sims around to read them, so I could run them through the translator.

At the movie theater, there is a grave and the plaques reads:
Here lies Old Sunset [for] all the life afterward. I leave this farewell with my sincere loves. You made me who I am. 

At the green house:
From Pleasantville to new horizons, a world of complete vivacity awaits us. 

On the restaurant lot:
Your decisions create vibrant worlds full of life. With dynamism and simplicity it is the answer to your life. 

I think there are other plaques. But I haven't found and translated them yet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows