LEPacy challenge: Life without Mandy

 After Mandy's tragic death from fire, poor Cliff set about cleaning up the mess and planning the funeral.

He invited his friends, but forgot to invite their oldest daughter Adria to the funeral. She called to say, "What the heck, dad! I move out of the house and you forget about me? I live next door for crying out loud!" 

It was a lovely ceremony: Mandy had a nice big headstone, and Cliff left some flowers and one of her inventions on the grave.


A friend played some mellow music to honor Mandy's life.


While Cliff, and his best gal-pal danced wildly on Mandy's grave. (I guess we all have our own unique ways of handling grief. You do you, Cliff. Don't worry about what the old folks think about it.)

Linus made an appearance and grieved appropriately.

A few days later, Cliff and Linus were back in society.  Cliff decided to take Linus to dinner at the Woes and Worries Pub because there was a new arcade installed there. Apparently the crime rate is low enough in Monte Vista that the cops can just hang out while on duty.


However, I still think kicking a soccer ball around in the lobby is bad form.

Cliff was feeling a little hungry, and ordered some lasagna, but the phone rang, and while he was taking the call, Garrett Sword tottered over and ate Cliff's meal! Crazy old man. 


 


After Cliff bought yet another meal, he went upstairs for a drink or two.


He tried to start a fight with an old man, probably mistaking him for the one who ate his lasagna.


The old man just brushed it off, figuring Cliff had simply had too much to drink.


Linus had played a few games in the arcade, but since there weren't many kids around, he went home early and started honing his interest in space. 



(He's destined to be an astronomer or space explorer. I locked in his lifetime wish to be an astronaut, though I'm not sure I should have at his young age. There might have been a different lifetime wish that would fit better.)


Right now, Cliff (and I) are contemplating next steps.  Do we stay awhile longer in Monte Vista where Linus has established friends?


Or do we move to a kid-friendly part of the world like Sunset Valley or Riverview to get a fresh start? Or do we move to Bridgeport where Cliff can try to become a stylist to the rich and famous? Maybe I'll take a poll. For now, I think I'll take a break from the LEPacy and play some of the other games I have saved. I'd like to start the Northern Wind Challenge as well. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows