LEPacy challenge - Adria seeks a roommate; father-son outing; tragedy strikes!

 Adria now lives next door in an "apartment" building, but I don't have Late Night yet. She's old and going to die off soon, and I'd like to get some young people into the building before that happens. The place was a mess - I guess I kicked everyone out when I saved it, and it was full of clogged toilets, spoiled food, broken sinks, etc.  Adria fixed everything up and threw a party.  She tried to recruit this single girl for a roommate (I turns out she was a repo sim) They made it to nearly the friends stage, before she left the party.  Better luck next time, I guess. I could turn the place into a house so she could use the roommate service, then turn it back to an apartment I guess.

I have been switching household frequently lately because I get notification that newly married couples can't find suitable housing and move in together.  I think of merging them with Adria's household so they can live in the apartments, but when I go to look at the living situations, they both have adequate room in their houses, but one of them has a pet without pet supplies, so it's an easy fix: pick one of their houses, put pet supplies in, and merge the households. They might merge on their own, but I figured that while I was there anyway . . .

Meanwhile, back at the legacy household, Linus is enjoying some quality time with his parents.


On Sunday afternoon, Cliff planned to take Linus fishing, but when they got there, Linus was hungry, so they went to the restaurant across the street instead.  While Linus enjoyed his cheesy bread, Cliff met Lucy Fountain (Lucy is the founder of the LEPacy, though the bloodline broke with Ming who couldn't seem to have children and adopted Mandy. She came through the time machine and settled with an alternate life in this world. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.) Anyway, they danced while Linus ate.


I'm not sure why Lucy is so gussied up.  At any rate, Linus wasn't sure he approved of his dad dancing with someone other than his mother. He's at the table in the background. 


After he ate, Linus went upstairs to get to know some kids his own age who he saw go upstairs.  There's not much for kids to do in this part of town.  I need to build an arcade or something.

Meanwhile, back home another old man was visiting, playing in the sprinkler, and Mandy, being both tire and hungry, decided to fix something to eat.  Despite the oven being of good quality, it caught fire.  At first, Mandy thought nothing of it.


Then the fire spread . . .

The old man came in from the sprinkler, but was no help at all.  Where were the firefighters?


I noticed it was a full moon that night. It seemed fitting.


Things just got worse. I wanted to sit back and watch so just let it run. By the time the boys got home, Mandy's ass was on fire.


Linus, too young to realize the enormity of the situation was thinking this would make an interesting painting.  I finally told Cliff to get the fire extinguisher, but instead of clicking "put out sim" I accidentally clicked "put out flames."


This might be a great time to pee, Mandy.  It could only help.


Then Linus, my one and only heir, caught fire! I clicked on Cliff and "put out sim" but Linus ran out of the room and up the stairs. I was wondering what he was doing, but the resourceful little tyke jumped in the shower and put himself out.  Good boy! 


Mandy was not so fortunate.  I don't know why she didn't think of the shower. I guess she was too tired and hungry?


At any rate, rest in peace, Mandy.  You accomplished all your generational goals.  We'll have your funeral tomorrow. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Town Challenge Part 1

Lucid Legacy Challenge - adapted for Sims 3

Cape Albacore Part 5 - The Little Town Grows